Notice regarding COVID-19 to all of our clients, partners, and meeting attendees
The events industry is uniquely situated to feel the impact of COVID-19. This has been a fast-moving issue and has quickly become global. In our own local communities we already see the concern as groups have begun to postpone events and implement measures to reduce the possibility of exposure and transmission.
During this time our focus has been on educating our own employees and sub-contractors who daily interact with events and venues. Based on current knowledge for the Center for Disease Control we know that:
- COVID-19 appears to occur mainly through respiratory transmission.
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- Incubation is estimated to be 2-14 days after exposure
- Preliminary data suggests that older adults and persons with underlying health conditions or compromised immune systems might be at greater risk for severe illness from the virus.
With this in mind we have implemented the following precautions and guidelines:
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the tech table. Our technicians will not only use it themselves, but will offer it to event staff and clients
- Publicly held audiovisual tools, such as microphones and slide advances will be wiped down with sanitizing wipes between use. We will also sanitize microphone screens.
- Allowing access to latex gloves for each technician as they handle equipment that is passed to clients.
- PowerPoint slide of cough, sneeze, and hand-washing etiquette is recommended for use prior to the start of an event.
- Notices from the CDC are transmitted internally to staff as an ongoing effort to stay informed and allow Tree-fan Events to be responsible players during this crisis.
- Most importantly we encourage our own staff and sub-contractors to stay home if they feel sick.
We pride ourselves on understanding the distinctive needs of our clients, and during this time we will continue to apply who we are as an agency to make the safest and most successful event possible.
Much health to us all,