In lieu of celebrating of our 2 year Anniversary of the “Events: demystified” Podcast this July, I had the HUGE honor of featuring Julius Solaris on July 9th brand new podcast episode. Julius is currently the head of engagement at Swapcard, previously known as the founder and editor in chief of EventMB, acquired in 2019 by Skift, the largest and most influential travel media company worldwide.
Julius has always been (secretly, and not so secretly) one of my heroes in event tech and to interview one of the most influential individuals in the meetings industry by many magazines and media for the past 10 years has been beyond cool, especially as we’re kicking off our Anniversary special month of weekly episodes!
During this episode,
– we get some of Julius’s behind the scene thoughts from MPI’s WEC in Vegas that just happened recently, one of the first in-person events that he attended since the onset of the pandemic,
– the challenge of engagement with virtual and now hybrid events,
– we take a peek into Julius’s crystal ball to find out what the next event trends might be for Fall of 2021/Spring of 2022,
– how to best use the tech tools at hand to better design a memorable event experience,
– and of course, mental health and what does Julius does to relax and keep his mind sharp.
Take a listen and let us know what you think and what other thoughts you might want to add to the ones shared so far.